Braised Greens and Chorizo
This recipe comes from Kajsa Alger, Executive Chef at Susan Feniger's Street in Hollywood
Braised Greens & Chorizo
1 gallon each of chopped red chard and chopped purple kale (approx 3-4 bunches total), washed well
3 leeks, thinly sliced and washed well
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup minced garlic
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 link of Bilbao style Spanish chorizo, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a large pot, place the oil and leeks and cook over low heat until the leeks are soft.
- Add the garlic and chorizo (if using) and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the flavors are released.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the greens and salt (you can add this to taste depending on the saltiness of your chorizo), stirring continually, until they are well wilted.
- Reduce the heat once more to low and simmer the greens for another 10 minutes until soft and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and pour off any excess liquid. Serve immediately.